A series of lively, thoughtful and informal discussions about art and social justice, politics and aesthetics. Participants come together around a recommended reading to keep conversations about art and social justice in the Bay Area lively and relevant. The Art & Activism Book Club meets at various locations around the Bay Area.
Click here for current events.
Current Suggested Reading:
- Who We Be: The Colorization of America by Jeff Chang (St. Martin’s Press) Learn more →
Previously Suggested Reading:
- No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and U.S. Surveillance State by Glenn Greenwald (Metropolitan Books)
- A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities that Arise in Disaster by Rebecca Solnit (Penguin Books)
- The One and the Many: Contemporary Collaborative Art in a Global Context by Grant Kester (Duke University Press)
- 9.5 Theses on Art & Class by Ben Davis (Haymarket Press)
To stay in touch with the Art & Activism Book Club and learn about the next meeting location please join our mailing list. If you would like to suggest future topics and/or host a book club meeting, please contact Elizabeth: email@example.com