We (heart) Christian L. Frock! The keen-eyed, elegantly-versed journalist of Bay Area art meets activism just published this incredible 2014 recap for KQED Arts: Hell No, We Won’t Go: Outstanding Radical Art And Global Movements in 2014
And here’s a look back at some of our favorite articles she’s written this fall:
- One drink with Trevor Paglen – Interview with the photographer best known for his images of secret government sites. October 21, 2014
- ‘Alien She’ at YBCA: Riot Grrrls come of age – A review of the iconic nineties feminist movement at YBCA. November 1, 2014
- The de Young’s ‘Keith Haring: The Political Line’ Revisits A Pop Radical – A review of the Keith Haring survey on exhibition at the DeYoung. November 12, 2014
- One Drink: Adriana Camarena – Interview with the artist, activist, attorney. December 6, 2014
- Two galleries explore Bay Area tensions – A review of Place/Displaced at SOMArts Cultural Center and Resource — Public Art in Old Oakland by Block Gallery Director Lacey Haslam. December 8, 2014
UPDATE: High-five! Christian also just received this wonderful mention in Ben Davis’s list of “The Most Important Art Essays of the Year” on artnet NEWS.